Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 23:12:00 +0100
7bit
From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Nieft / Secola wrote:
8<
> Cooked salmon tastes "ruined" to me--it just depends
> on what you're used to.

I tried some salmon an tuna today. First raw, and then
I fried the rest of it. They tasted a little better raw
but I think you dont want to eat very much of it and
you want to eat something else.
Cook them, and you can go on eating until you are full.

8<
> Interestingly, most instinctos prefer aged meat and fish over fresh.

There is a theory that early humans were (partly) scavengers.
Maybee when we then evolved into hunting our instinct was
"left behind" and we started to use other means of judging
what to eat (knowledge). When digging out the old instincts
we revert partly to this earlier state.
Another explanation is that preferring aged meat makes people
not to eat all at once, but to leave some to next week.
This levels out meat consumption, wich could be an advantige.

- Hans