From:
Rima Parkhurst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 13:31:08 -0500

        I have found a really good cookbook, especially for people who also
are off eggs.  It is wheat & dairy free and vegan, called "Beyond the Staff
of Life" by Kief Adler.  It was written about 1972 or 73 but I assume it is
still in print because my sister in law gave it to us this year (and it is a
new copy).  Unfortunately, I don't have the publisher information (I'm not
at home) but it should be listed in "Books in Print"  if it is indeed still
in print.  I have tried 6 recipies out of it and they were all great
tasting, easy and healthy.  There is even a really good not-pizza recipie
that is GOOD!  Not like those nasty fake dough pizzas.  He does use lemon
juice in many recipies, and often uses soy flour in the baked things, as
well as lima bean flour (!).  I haven't tried making lima bean flour yet.
He makes it in a blender I think, but I have a grain grinder that I will try
it with.
        I tried the pizza, cornbread, curried eggplant & cauliflower, upside
down pineapple cake and 'quasar soup' - all very good.
Good luck   Brooke [log in to unmask]