Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 13:32:00 -0500
From:
"Janis Bogart" <[log in to unmask]>

I am a confirmed (biopsy) celiac and have been gf for three months. An hour
ago, I had the strangest reaction, I was talking on the phone with one of
my colleagues, and all of a sudden the left side of my body started to
tingle and it felt somewhat numb (it mostly went from my head to my finger
tips).  The scary thing was my tongue was also affected.  I could no longer
speak properly.  Less than a minute later, my sensations returned to almost
normal conditions and I could speak clearly again.  Recently, I have read a
few messages on this list indicating that tingling is indeed a gluten
reaction.  Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing before (in
particular where it affects one's speech?)

I always read ingredients very carefully (thought I did), but this morning
I put chocolate soya milk on my cereal, and I just realized that I didn't
read the ingredients.  I guess I just assumed that all soya milk is o.k.!

Thanks in advance,

Janis Bogart, Membership Services
Canadian Environmental Network
945 Wellington Street, Suite 300