From:
Janet Grotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 00:41:17 -0400

My sister's 13 year old cat is ill...he is loosing weight, is anemic, and
had foul smelling frequent diarrhea..."nothing showed" on x ray, except an
inflammation of the small intestine...I suggested to my sister that she
check her cat food for gluten...it DID contain gluten and she has switched
to a brand gluten free...the cat has gained weight and his litter box is
much easier to live with...when she asked the vet, she was told that cats
DO NOT get celiac disease...they want to operate...any suggestions? (my
husband has celiac...and if anyone remembers my question about
insurance..we wrote, sent copies of bloodwork, tests and articles and
(GUESS WHAT) we were denied payment for vitamins....