From:
Erin Booth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 13:14:51 CST

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed 2 months ago (biopsy) and dutifully passed along some
info on the disease to my sib's.  My sister's husband has celiac --
he was diagnosed as an infant, but is convinced he's *outgrown* it
(I'm working on him...).  They have two daughters (ages 3 & 1).
Their pediatrician is aware of the celiac in both sides of their
family but isn't looking into it.  Here are my questions :

Is there a good book or other resource I can give my sister so that
she can watch for signs & symptoms in her girls?

Can children be asymptomatic the same way that adults can?

What's the probability that the girls will have celiac when it's in
both parents' families? (2%? 80%?)

Thanks for your help.  Send to me privately.  I'll summarize & post.
You people are great!

Erin
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada