From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:11:11 GMT

>This message is an automatic reminder  of the general rules for improving
>the quality  of posts submitted to the List.  Since this is  a standard
>message, it may not  be applicable to your post on, but we use this
>technique as a gentle reminder.

This week, I was sending these reminders out to posters.  But since it
was posted to the List by a subscriber. I need to remind everyone about
paying attention to where their posts are going.  Often, I see a reply
to the person and the List.  This is the first case in awhile of a
message to the List and then a reply to the poster.

Since everyone has read the message, I do not need to send the reminder
again.

The primary reason of the reminder was to get people to summarize the
replies back to the List. Normally, there is someone else with the same
question.  So when you receive an answer to a post, please keep it
for a few days and then summarize the collection back to the List.  As
happened eariler this week, your reply could be a statement that the
question is still open.

By using this summary process, we reduce the volume of mail from the List.
This week's discussion on bentonite is a good example.  We appreciate all
of the information that was posted but many of the posts were very
similar and are a prime example of how summary could work when used.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA
One of the Celiac & Cel-Kids Listowners