From:
Muriel Hykes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 18:22:47 -0400
>Howell does address the above, though. His answer is that there
>are actually 2 parts to the human stomach and in the upper
>resevoir where food enters, this "holding chamber" produces no
>acid or enzymatic activity and no digestive "churning".

        Hmmmmmm.  The stomach is open to below.  doesn't that defy gravity?  Or
does the food pile up until it reaches the upper parts, like a garbage
disposal?

>in the raw state - because they contain enzyme inhibitors. The
>purpose of the enhibitors is to keep the beans dormant until
>they are in a moist warm environment in which they can germinate.

        This is true.  Enzymes are the policemen that control all the reactions
that go on in plants and animals.

>who feed on seeds and nuts actually eat germinated versions
>of them (for example, the squirrel burying pecans is not doing
        Germination does increase the food value because of increase in vitamins
and minerals as well.  I wonder if the testing methods have been flawed all
these years.  I mean, how do you increase the vitamins without ADDING
something to the bean?  Unless, the bean synthesizes them in response to
enzymatic cues.  I wonder if the tests of the nutrient content were just
due to enzyme activity.  I am probably incoherent.  Ignore me when my right
brain is working.

        Middle-aged American women who eat a lot of starchy
        foods have an increased risk of diabetes.
                JAMA 277:472 Feb.1997

                <http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/3995/>