NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 09:27:26 -0400
Since you were obviously allergic to milk as a child, you will always have
the potential to be allergic. The degree of sensitivity can change for
various reasons during your lifetime.

Some childhood allergies are 'outgrown'. The allergy is still  there but the
degree of sensitivity is lowered to the point where the item (food) may not
cause an obvious allergic reaction.

Often as people mature, their sensitivity to allergens increases. This could
be what is happening in your case. Maybe you could substitute  peanut
butter, soy products, or tofu for cheese.

Good Luck!

Art