VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 10:54:25 -0800
   >Willie:
   >Please understand that I, in no way, meant to imply that I covered
   >all the reasons people prefer speech over braille.

Rachel,
Gee, I knew that!  I likewise never meant to imply you missed
something, and in fact, appreciated the diplomacy you exhibited
in your message about the decrease in the teaching of braille!
Despite the fact I am only able to use braille in a relatively
limited fashion compared to those who grew up with it, I am a
total supporter of it being maintained in the educational system
for all visually impaired individuals, and even share some of the
passion some people show when this topic has come up in E-mail
conversations!

Yep Rachel, we agree on this one, no doubt about it, so I was
just adding my two cents worth, that's all!  Btw, on reflection,
that's probably what they were worth, two cents, but hey, my
pinkies needed the exercise! <grin>
                                        Willie

Net-Tamer V 1.09.2  - Registered