From:
Kim Tedrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 12:31:14 -0400
Hi Roger,

I've used a concoction of lime juice and spices for marinade -- the lime
juice is (from what my mother told me) a good tenderizer for the meat.
 Apparently, lime juice has some kind component that other citrus juices
don't have.  I have absolutely nothing scientific to base this on, but it
seems to work and the flavor goes well with any sugar-free/starch free
mesquite seasonings that I can find at the grocery store.  I like the
mesquite smoke flavor, but for some reason can't find it as a flavor in and
of itself here (like I can get a bottle of "Hickory Smoke" flavor), so I make
due with commercial mixes.

:)
Kim