From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 1997 10:04:10 -0400
On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, JoAnn Betten wrote:

>         the wonderful paradox of NeanderThin: the more you eat, the more you
> lose!
> if i wasn't living it, i would never believe it.

I *am* living it, and I don't believe it.  For me, it doesn't
work this way.  I tried following Ray Audette's meal plan for a
week and gained 4 pounds, right around the waist.

My experience is that my weight response to caloric intake is not
linear, but sigmoid.  That is, if calories are low enough I lose
weight; with more calories I maintain weight; with even more
calories I gain weight.  The maintenance range seems to extend
from about 2500 to 3500 calories per day, very roughly.  That I
am eating only NeanderThin-approved foods seems to elongate the
maintenance range, but doesn't alter the basic shape of the
curve.  I guess you could say that my pattern is "weakly
thermodynamic"; if the curve were straighter it would be
"strongly thermodynamic."

And for the record, the elevated cholesterol has not responded
significantly.  As of last measurement, it was back up to 293.

Todd Moody