From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 08:50:34 -0400
got a question for anyone on Neanderthin who has taken a colon cancer test:
my doctor gave me a test to take home to test for occult blood in the stool.
for the test to be accurate, one has to 'avoid red meat and raw fruits and
vegetables' for 2-3 days before taking this test, or you can get a false
positive readng.  since red meat and raw fruit/vegetables is my basic diet,
what can i do?  do i have to subsist on walnuts and chicken/turkey for a few
days?

thanks, joAnn.