From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 23:50:42 -0500
Karl Alexis McKinnon wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Molly NiDana wrote:
>
> > Jeez you guys!  I thought it was a reference to "naked with a sharp
> > stick"and pretty much the same as all pictures of cavemen in my
> > childhood schoolbooks.  This list's preoccupation with sex stuff is
> > pretty annoying, to say nothing of way unrelated to Neanderthin
> > Eating.
>
>         Look at a.) EXACTLY where the spear intesects with the body and
> b.) the grasp on the spear.
The cover of NEANDERTHIN was designed by a professional graphic designer
whose credentials are world-class. He worked as a personal assistant to
Ross Perot for eight or nine years and was vice-president of Perot's
company's in-house graphics department. I assure you that we intended no
sexual innuendo by the cover design. It is very much in line with the
NeanderThin message of "naked with a sharp stick." Some people see
phallic images wherever they look. To paraphrase Sigmund Freud,
"Sometimes a spear is just a spear." Why waste lifeforce worrying about
such a petty matter?

Troy Gilchrist