NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rita Doppenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 19:26:40 -0700
Hi Kathy,

 Thanks for the reply. Its good to know we are not alone. I am struck
however with amazement at how much what you are going through right now is
like what I went through when Zack was 5 months. I had tried to eliminate
all milk from my diet and yet he still vomitted. What I wanted to ask is are
you absolutely sure you are avoiding ALL dairy? I am very knowlegeable about
allergies now as I have had to educate myself so I can keep my son alive.
But I sure wasnt then and I know for a fact that I still unknowingly
consumed dairy products while I was nursing. Zack was so sensitive that if a
product had any trace amounts of dairy in them he would react (eg. parmesan
cheese in spagetti sauce). Mind you this is all speculation on my part and
my allergist.

 What I would suggest is aquaint yourself with ALL (there are sooo many) the
terms on ingredient labels for milk and avoid all of them. If you have
already done this just ignore me. If you havent done this it is worth a try.
Also keep a food diary of everything you eat and see if you can figure it
out from there. Forgive me, I just reread your post and it looks like you
are reading labels so you can probably disregard most of the above (trying
to hurry this note as dinner is almost ready  sorry). If all else fails, it
just may be a wheat/gluten thing or another substance. I know how
frustrating it can be waiting until they are old enough for the RAST test,
and in the meantime you could sensitize them for life, but you just have to
hang in there and be a detective. Best of luck and if I can help in any way
dont hesitate to e me! I am head researcher for ASK Inc Canada (Allergy
Specific Kids). I have quite a bit of access to different info. Hope I was
of some help...if only for support at least!

Keep the Faith ;-)

Rita