NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patrick Cahill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 14:10:16 +0000
At 06:25 PM 2/21/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Also watch out for Quaker rice cakes if you are gluten intolerant as they are
>contaminated and not considered safe.

Dear Roz:

Would you please clarify this a little more?

I assume you mean contaminated with gluten.

Are you referring to "flavored" or plain Quaker rice cakes?  (the flavored
varities have never been advised for a GF diet)
Is this your personal experience or has the company stated they feel the
rice cakes are contaminated because of non-designated equipment, etc.?
I am interested since a family member has blood results indicating "
continued slight gluten ingestion" despite a strict adherence to the gf
diet.  Quaker Rice Cakes are a daily part of this diet.

Thank you for your help,
Coralie