CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Brayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:40:03 EDT
To Wat it may concern,

If only our leaders could be trusted to use the military to defend
our borders and property and not to meddle or expand their own
personal property and influence, we might further sanity and peace
with a military.

The powerful are hated by a jealous few just for the power they
have, but when they misuse the power, they are hated by all but
their beneficiaries.

Don Brayton

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997 20:14:03 -0700 Wat Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>Below is a remarkable statement taken from an editorial in The Los
>Angeles Times for Sunday July 20.

" . . . There is of course no need to restore the defense spending and