CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frank Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 23:05:06 -0700
The cancer industry, like all other aspects of our "gross" national product,
is an indication of the irrationality of depending on market forces,
exclusively, and under the control of minority intertests, to play the major
role in the creation of material reality.

That's why there are so many contradictions, like creating pollution and
then creating profits in cleaning up pollution, but not stopping the
pollution. That last calls for a political economy that works for the
greater good of people, and not for the creation of private profit.

By the way, good people work in the cancer creating industries, and good
people work to "fight" cancer. It doesn't have a thing to do with good
people or bad, but systems that need better informed people to change them.
Very nice people in the bandage business would do very well if there were
more bleeding, and that is the nature of the system that would create
profits from blood, and not be able to stop the occasion of bloodletting.

Capitalism is the problem, if I haven't been clear. >

fs