From:
"P.Schwartz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 00:13:42 -0400

>Yesterday, I purchased the Daily Benefits Eye Cream and received a Bonus
>gift which contained a lipstick.  I used the lipstick twice in the
>afternoon and the eye cream at night.  I woke up this morning with severe
>gluten ingestion symptoms.  Do your products contain any wheat, barley,
>oats, or rye particles or dirivatives?  I am also lactose and
>soy intolerant.  How can one person be so lucky ;~]

Dear Ms. Schwartz:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.  We regret to learn of the
difficulty you have experienced.

We appreciate this opportunity to tell you that our products are all
gluten-free.  However, some products may contain a derivative of wheat
called wheat "sphingolipids."  The only lipstick in our line that contains
this ingredient is the Long Last Soft Shine formula.

With regard to your request, if you would kindly supply us with a list of
products you are concerned about, we would be happy to check them for you.
We do not have an all-inclusive list of products that are free of this
ingredient.

We hope this information is helpful to you.  Please be assured of our desire
to have you look to Clinique with confidence and satisfaction for all your
skin care and makeup needs.

Sincerely,

Clinique Consumer Relations