From:
"A.G. Franklyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 13:18:20 -0500

I want to post a comment about contradictory information. It is often
unclear what is safe and what is not safe for celiac's to to consume.

If a grain or food product contains gluten then it is NOT safe.

If a grain does not contain gluten then IT IS safe.

If people have other food allergies then it should be clearly stated
that the foods they are sensitive to ARE NOT related to celiac sprue.

I think it is very misleading to lump together foods containing gluten
and foods that some people happen to be sensitive to in the same
catagory. It oviously confuses alot of people.

It seems even the "experts" aren't even sure if certain grains contain
gluten. If people get sick because of cross-contamination, then that
should be clearly stated by the celiac association. That they on the
same list, I will never understand.