From:
Susan Tyson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:34:15 SAST-2

Hi Listservers

Thanks so much for all the helpful comments.  I will very briefly
summerize the suggestions that I had.

Firstly, a great deal of people suggested that I make 100% sure that
the build-up drinks I am taking was gluten-free, as they could be
causing the weight loss problem.  I actually spoke to the company
about their product (ENSURE) and they assured me that it is gluten
free.  Some people suggested that I stop using the build-up drinks
altogether and rather take a multivitamin and concentrate on eating
actual foods.

Secondly, people suggested that I begin a regular excercise program,
as excercise builds muscle and therefore body weight.

Thirdly, some people suggested that I could be getting gluten from a
hidden source of food that I don't know about, and therefore suggested
that I be very careful about the foods that I eat.  It was also suggested
that I might have become sensitive to other foods and thus go on a
careful rotation diet to try to eliminate foods which might be making
me feel ill and loosing weight.

Finally, some people suggested that I get my thyroid checked as it
too can cause weight loss.  I did have mine checked as we have a
history of thyroid disease in my family, but the blood work showed
that it was functioning normally.

Thanks again for all your helpful comments - it's really nice to know
that I'm not alone in my problem!

Cheers
Susie