From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:37:21 -0700
I too eat almond butter.  Most almond butter (including what I make) is
made from roasted almonds which are higher in digestable carbs than raw
almonds.  Some caution may be in order if you are trying to maximise
weight loss or control glucose.  I always spread almond butter on pork
rinds.  The extra fat and protein fill you up much quicker and lower
the % of carbs you're ingesting.  The added crunch is a bonus.

To make almond butter:
Half fill your food processor with plain, unsalted roasted almonds.  Set
speed on high and let it run until it looks like PB.  Add a handfull of
nuts at the very end if you prefer the crunchy variety.

Ray Audette
Author:"NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander