From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 18:48:06 -0700
Two "preliminary" studies at the University of Wisconsin Medical School
found that men drinking 12 ounces and women 9 ounces of purple grape
juice provides similar "anti-clotting" effects as aspirin.

The study was funded by Welch's.

If the "juice" from Welch's could do it, wouldn't just eating a variety
of whole red/prurple grapes have the same effect?  I'm also thinking
that a smaller quantity might be just as effective since the would be
fresh and unadulterated?

(I've never looked at the label on a bottle of Welch's, but it would
seem to me that they would not be adding any "secret" other the usual
junk preservatives and sweetener's.)