CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Blaznhot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 23:15:23 EST

As requested I am forwarding the information that was sent to me concerning
childrens vitamins:

    1.  Poly-Vi-Sol with iron is gf--I called Mead Johnson on this several
months ago--the caramel coloring is from burnt sugar and the service rep
stated that they were gf.

    2.  I believe poly vi sol and tri vi sol are gluten free.  (Contacted the
manufacturer)

    3.  following were recommended:
            Flintstones Complete
            Giants Complete
            CVS Complete
           Each lists "starch" on its list of ingredients, and the mfgs
     _say_ that it's corn starch.  It is always good practice to call
     every year or so to see is anything has changed. I'm about due to
     make my annual calls, maybe I'll do so in 1998!

     4.  Twin Lab Animal Friends chewables are GF according to the company.
Also, according to the CSA/USA GF commercial products list Poly-Vi-Flor drops
and tablets and Poly-Vi-Sol drops and tablets and Tri-Vi-Flor and Tri-Vi-Sol
are GF.

As you can see there are a few duplicates in responses, but I wanted to share
all the response I received.  As with everything please continue to verify
through the manufacturers that ingredients haven't changed.

Hope this helps.

Have a safe a gluten free 1998!!!

Michelle Dahlke ([log in to unmask])  Forest Hill, MD  USA