From:
Carol Feehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 07:56:26 -0700
Unlike the person who posted a great out-of-town travel
experience (took the pemmican and nuts, etc, etc) I'm
currently away from my home and am having some real
trouble *mentally* sticking to the paleo program.  I've
had a run in this last week with gummi bears, oreo cookies
and most recently angel-hair-pesto-pasta.

On the good side, I've been able to control the evils to
normal sized portions. In the past, carbs used to send
me into binge mode. So for that I'm pleased. But I feel like
I need a pep-talk so I don't strike again. I've done my shopping
and have plenty of good, healthy food available - meat and
eggs and nuts and vegetables - but it doesn't seem "fun"
and "vacation" like.

Mentally, I've been able to make a switch over to complete
aversion to dairy because the cognitive tape that plays in
my mind is "oh, I'm allergic to that" when offered, say, ice
cream.

But because I can't feel/see anything really bad happening
to my body after the sugar/wheat sucking sessions, it's
much harder to form the cog aversion model for these items.

So if you'd like to take a minute and send me your best
this-stuff-is-toxic lecture, I'd appreciate it and perhaps having
voices other than my own stressing this to an impatient id
will help.

      /carol in seattle now in raleigh