From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 16:54:12 +0100
At 18:39 1997-11-06 -0800, Micke wrote:
>If I don't eat 100% paleo, I'm not sure what I do that is not paleo. Oh,
>yes, I eat vegetable oils. I eat them raw only and then only specific
>ones. I think it's very paleo to eat them since you won't convince me
>that paleolithic humans weren't stuffing down as many buttercup-like
>flowers as they could. Which I assume contain the oils.

I think our ancestors ate everything of nutritional value wich is not
toxic or have other problems. But taking just the oil out of something
means that you take it out of its context. So if vegetable oils were
consumed, it was together with (part of) the plant it belonges to and
cannot be separated from without some kind of technology.
Cutting out parts of meat is possible with a sharp stone, so that is ok,
but on the other hand melting out the pure fat from suet requires more
elaborate technology, and the same with pressing olive oil.
I think we cannot know what is exactly paleo and what is not, everyone
has to judge for her/himself. And this list is the place where we can
discuss and exchange knowledge and ideas.

- Hans