From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 11:23:15 -0400
On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Troy Gilchrist wrote:
> My concern with any other kind of water is with the processing of any other
> kinds of water. If I could find a true mountain spring from which to drink this
> would be ideal. As for arteriosclerosis in our ancestors caused by mineral
> buildup, this was probably not a concern due to the completely natural
> environment in which they lived and the resulting natural diet. I'm sure their
> systems were adapted to the environment in which they lived.
>
> Troy

Most of the water where I live contains giardia, as I discovered when I
first got my dog Katie.  She continually had the runs, and, not ever
having heard of giardia, I had no idea why; I thought she was perhaps
eating things she shouldn't be (she got into the garbage a few times).
So, for anyone thinking of going out and finding a mountain spring,
well... be careful.  I've drunk from springs myself, but I think my immune
system isn't as sensitive to giardia as my dog's is.  (Wierd, eh?)

Corbie