From:
Carol Feehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 22:14:07 -0700
>dying prematurely of heart attacks. Are we agreed at this point in the
>Paleodiet field that the artery-clogging is coming not from the steaks (and
>again, is the marbled fat "bad"?) but from other parts of the mainstream
>diet that would normally accompany those steaks? Such as the grain-sourced
>rolls, the high intake of excessive CHO (carbohydrate) and starchy foods
>such as whipped potatoes, sweet breads, sugars, and such that are actually
>now thought to be the villain in arterioslcerosis? I am still not clear on
>this and have some uneasiness about all of a sudden starting to down big
>hunks of marbled sirloin every day.

Just thought I'd share these numbers....

I moved to Neanderthin from Atkins lowcarb around Feb/Mar of this
year, and my recent cholesterol screenings have yielded:

Total Cholesterol       130
HDL                      43
HDL/Total Ratio         3.0
Triglyc.                 41

I have at least 2 hardboiled eggs for breakfast everyday (sometimes
take an extra 2 into work for afternoon snack) and eat Dairy Queen
hamburgers (which are probably cooked in some very, very bad oils,
but I am ignoring this fact until I'm a little more progressed in
the program) once or twice a week for lunch.

I'm actually amazed that my numbers were as low as they were, as
my nutrition habits slipped to some pretty low points in April
during the festival of the turning of the 3-0.

     /carol in seattle

carol feehan          [log in to unmask]
"There are your fog people and your sun people, he said.
 I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded.
 Fog'll do that to you, he said."