From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 11:14:35 -0400
At 09:33 AM 7/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Don Wiss wrote:
>
>> This is the second time you have recommended a product that you, a friend
>> or a relative sells. This is prohibited on this list and all other mailing
>> lists that I know of. Please refrain from such recommendations.
>
>Don, in all fairness, I asked him for information about this.
>Perhaps I should have done so in private e-mail, in which case I
>apologize.

I have just returned from a week's vacation, and I have emailed Don
personally about why I posted about the fiber product.  Yes, I should have
emailed Todd personally about how to get it, now that I look back on it.
But I was excited by what I found personally to have happened using the
supplement, and didn't think telling about it or where to get it was
advertising.  The person who I listed as selling the product is someone I
see maybe 2 times a year in the National Guard, not a relative or close
friend.  I've been on the International Dental Forum mailing list for 3
years, and we tell each other about products all the time, a valuable
resource.  I have never taken supplements before and decided to just try my
own experiment with this and thought I'd tell about it.  It was
embarrassing to have someone accuse me of trying to sell a product for a
relative on this list.  I've learned!
Paul Getty
Morehead City, NC