From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 10:46:53 -0400
On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Grant Magnuson wrote:

> Over the many years I've had Diabetes and the various nutritionists and
> dietitians I've been referred to, they have all been women.  ALL these
> women have encouraged me to have a high carbohydrate diet eating plenty
> of veggies, fruits and grains with little meat and very limited fat.
>
> In view of what Ray has pointed out, could it be their basic instinct
> rather than just their "warped" and misguided training?

(snip)

Well, I'd say it's mostly due to their training.  I'm much more of a
carnivore than my hubby is.  He's tall, skinny, and can eat as many carbs
as he wants without gaining more than a few lbs., and has a much greater
desire for veggies than I do.  (He's in his mid-40s, so he just has a
great metabolism, as does the rest of his family.)  I'm currently tallish
and skinny, but the latter is only due to lowcarb!  I could easily subsist
only on nuts and meat.

We're both blood type A, by the way.  My dad, though, is type O, and I got
my metabolism from him.

As with any generalization, you'll usually find an exception.  Not all men
crave meat exclusively, and not all women crave lots and lots of veggies.

Cheers,
Corbie