From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 12:13:22 -0500
BJ wrote:

> Troy...I commend you for your tenacity with Neanderthin....wow!  Six
> years!!!  Now, did you need to lose any weight, and if so, have you???
>
> Just curious; hope you don't mind the question.
>
> BJ

Not at all. I began eating NeanderThin after a six-hour conversation
with Ray Audette on a roadtrip we took together. He told me about his
diet, explaining how and why it works.

Having known Ray for six years at that time, I knew he was, as he is
proud to say, "the laziest man in Dallas, Texas." And yet at forty years
old, he of the sedentary lifestyle looked better than my strapping,
young college weighlifting instructor, a known exercise freak.

At the time I was a long-distance runner (10-12 miles, 3 or 4 days a
week) and into weighlifting--all this in an effort to build my
self-image up from having be an underdeveloped nerd in high school. So I
switched from a high-complex-carb/low-fat diet (oatmeal, pasta,
potatoes, rice, fish, chicken, vegetables, fruit and protein
supplements). I was already in excellent physical condition from my
fairly extreme exercise regimen when I switched to NeanderThin. My body
fat was already very low (under 10%).

The changes I noticed were astounding though. Immediately my athletic
performance improved; and, whereas, I had previously fallen asleep after
big meals in the middle of the day, I began to experience an increase in
energy at all times of the day with no noticeable fluctuations. Also I
began to wake up an hour earlier without an alarm clock, and even when I
missed sleep I was able to function well as long as I had enough to eat.
Over the past six years I have decreased the amount of exercise I take,
while watching my body fat continue to drop from around 7.2% (an early
measurement while eating NeanderThin) to my present measurement of 4.7%.
My total serum cholesterol is around 120.

NeanderThin also brought me to seriously consider things philosophical
and spiritual. And while this is not the forum for broaching these
topics, I will say that apart from greatly improving my physical health,
NeanderThin has enriched these other aspects of my life as well.

Troy Gilchrist
NEANDERTHIN
<http://www.sofdesign.com/neander>