NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
The Finnerty's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:38:16 -0400
I hope this isn't construed as an advertising segment (because I am only a
purchaser of the product) but there is a great cookbook on the market
entitled: "Eating Well Milk-Free" - a cookbook and guide.  The author
(Christine Wellington) is a practicing dietitian who is also the mother of
two children with milk protein allergies and soy sensitivities.  I met this
woman at a workshop this weekend in Ottawa.  (the workshop was presented by
Dr. Janice Joneja, a PHD microbiologist/researcher/clinical
dietician/author)  It was by the way, excellent.  Her book is fabulous as
well - it is entitled "Dietary Management of Food Allergies and
Intolerances. The scientific methods in this book have been proven and
successful on over 1600 patients.  For more info call 604-738-9424. This
book sells for around $70 as it is designed as a reference tool for health
care professionals.  However, we are all "experts" by now, and this stuff
is definitely at our level.    WRT the cookbook, the phone number for this
is 1-800-482-6134.  The price is $23 (Cdn) and it is really good - basic
stuff - basic ingredients - kid tested.  Take care everybody!

Marie