From:
Barrie Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 11:58:33 +1200

Hi All,

I found the following website which may be of interest:

http://www.niddk.nih.gov/NIDDK_HomePage.html

This is the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney
Diseases (NIDDK), a US government sponsored site containing "Health
Information for the Public"

The reason why it is interesting is because there is more or less no
mention of Celiac Disease in their information.  The only brief reference I
can find is in the Digestive Diseases Dictionary.  I may be mistaken but it
seems that there is no other mention of Celiac Disease under any of its
names.  I believe that this is a serious oversight in what is otherwise a
good resource.  Surely Celiac Disease it not so rare that it is not worth
including in reasonable detail on a site as important as this one!

Perhaps US posters can suggest through appropriate channels that more
detailed information on Celiac Disease should be included on this site.

Regards,

Barrie Woods
Christchurch
New Zealand