From:
Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 1997 09:36:19 -0400

Perhaps I've missed this information - I'm a slow learner.

I've been planning menus for a summer of non-stop house guests, and in
reading a recipe for Peruvian potatoes I saw a note about achiote oil -
which consists of olive oil, achiote seeds, serrano pepper and bay leaf.
Then it says, achiote seeds (also called annatto) are available in stores
carrying Spanish or East Indian spices.  That's all I know, folks.  Anybody
know anything about achiote seeds?  From a grain, from a melon, from a
pepper???

Perhaps someone knows the next piece of the puzzle.  Thanks.  Gayle K