From:
Ken & Shari Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 14:36:04 -0400

Hi everyone.

Thank you for so much wonderful information going back and forth on this
list.Two questions for you.

1. I will be on a 4 day cruise on a Carnival boat.  Has any one else
done this?  I've already called the agent twice and she's verified with
them that I need to be gluten free.  They say meet with the Maitre 'd
and he'll advise on the meals.  Does this mean I should or should not
bring my own breakfasts, breads and cakes? (No way am I going to watch
other people indulge in goodies without me!!)

Any ideas how I should handle breakfasts?  I've read the back packing
tips on munchies  and the travel advice about a hot pot/instant grits
but is the chef willing to make me the full cook grits if I bring
them???

2.  I have a hard time staying away from the gluten food when I'm
surrounded by it for a long period of time.  Any support giving advice
from one who's been there?   (We won the cruise through my husband's job
so we're going though it wouldn't be my first choice for vacation as a
somewhat new gluten intolerant person)

Thanks in advance!

Shari Weber in Valley Forge PA (near Philly)