From:
Lynne Allison Weagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 20:30:29 -0800

Hi there!
     I seem to remember reading somewhere that "modified food starch"
written on American products always meant corn starch.  Does anyone know
off-hand if this is true?  Or, does anyone happen to know if Idahoan
brand potatoes ("au gratin" -- cheese flavour) are GF? (again, I think I
read somewhere that they are, but we just pulled a box out for dinner
and the "modified food starch" and "natural flavours" on the list of
ingredients is making me reconsider.)
TIA, (and Happy Thanksgiving for our Southern Neighbours!)
Lynne
Vancouver, BC, Canada