From:
Tanya Ivchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 20:26:51 -0400

I want to share an interesting experience I had at Houlihan's and see if
anyone has had a similar experience there or elsewhere.  I brought two slice
of my bread, still slightly frozen to prevent crumbling, and asked the
waitress to toast my bread and put a  burger on it.  Up til now, I have not
run into any problems with any food establishment doing this.  However, the
waitress returns with the manager who informs me, rather rudely, that it is
against health regulations to bring food into the kitchen that's not
prepared there, it's a health code violation, I could sue him if it made me
sick, yada yada yada.  Even when I told him about Celiac Disease and that
I've done this same thing at Houlihan's  and elsewhere before, he wouldn't
budge.  I called Houlihan's Corporation and have not yet received an answer.
Is this for real?
Tanya

ps - The real kicker -- the manager mentioned that he sympathized because he
"is a picky eater too."  I nearly gagged.   I've decided not to patronize
Houlihan's anymore.