From:
STONE and SPEAR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 10:36:48 -0700
I was reading some information on the Kudzu Root and how during the Great
Depression that the Soil COnservation Service provided hundreds of young
men with the job of planting kudzu to control soil erosion.

It further says that Chinese healers use kudzu root to eliminate alcohol
cravings and refers to isoflavones which may have properties such as
antioxidant, estrogen inhibiting and enzyme hibiting.

I have never heard of Kudzu Root and cannot recall ever seeing
"isoflavones".  The plant or root picture looks like a stem from an edible
bulb (? only a guess that it is edible because a lot of the things in Asian
Health stores that aren't grain or bean related or edible raw)

Anyone know if "isoflavones" are part of a Hunter-Gatherer's diet?

Grant
PALEOFOOD, LC-DIABETES and ATKINS-NEW Support Group Information click on:
http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/
----->