From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 17:49:39 -0700
At 10:44 PM 8/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
>        We have a wonderful supermarket that came from the upstate NY
area.  It
>has organic beef, lamb (and turkey breast in the deli with NO nitrates).
>all their bread and bagels are made with unbleached flour.  And just
>yesterday I saw a sign that said "Sashimi quality shark."  Gave me the
>shivers.  Sorry, I will never eat raw fish. But at least they knew the
>difference between sushi and sashimi.

The Fresh Fields grocery store near where my sister went to college (St.
Paul, MN) could order sashimi-quality fish upon request.

I use the term 'sushi' as a catch-all for Japanese dishes containing raw
fish, as do most Americans, I think.  But the word 'sushi' actually refers
to the rice, whereas 'sashimi' is the fish itself.  So I do know the
difference!

Cheers,
Corbie