From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 23:04:11 -0700
Just as Stefansson was taken in by the Hunza story in "Cancer Disease of
Civilization" (and I was taken in by myths of sex on the internet) others
(including S. Boyd Eaton M.D.)have been influenced by the more recent
story of the Tsaday in the Philipine Islands.  These turned out to be
actors hired by the head Anthropologist of the Phillipines (a relative of
Imelda Marcos).  These "Tsaday" were alleged to be vegetarian gatherers
but were actually recruited from local farmers.

Ray Audette