CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
William Meecham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:10:40 -0700
Discussions re the impotence of UN and the need for US with its retinue
of NATO, should lead one to the obvious historical conclusion: US
capitalism wants to extend its quasi-fascist hegemony into Central
Europe, and later again into Asia etc.

Regarding central Europe it should be remembered this is a long time
capitalist goal; Churchill (God rest his soul?) proposed after the
Russians had beaten the German army and the duo US and UK were considering
invasion: "invade through the soft underbelly of Europe--the Balkans"

Clinton, freed from his porno show activities has tried to do that.
Russia ever on the defensive, however stands in the way.  We'll see.
wcm