CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Korber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 01:16:02 EDT

>What do you suggest as a response?  I am interested to know.

>Brett

Don't mourn, organize. Organize with whoever you can locally, and let's try
to not let a small bunch of rich sociopaths rule the world.

When organizing, try not to reproduce the same undemocratic structures that
mucked up the world so. Corporations, and institutions similarly structured
are tyranies. Stalin would have been very comfy as a CEO.

Actually, there will be a global protest on  the dates of the G8 conference,
currently about one hundred cities worldwide.
Called Reclaim the Streets, you can read about it here:
http://www.gn.apc.org/rts
Click on the red "June 18" on the left.
This protest is quite large. There will be one (several?) in Australia. RTC
has been happening for several years now. I saw a video of one event in
England.  Very charming. Of course, I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket.

cheers,
john korber

Australian J18 Discussion List: Email:[log in to unmask]
with
subscribe j18 your-email-address
as the text of the message
Reclaim the Streets: Sydney: Aus:[log in to unmask]

Sydney J18 network: Aus:

Conversations for the 21st Century: Aus:[log in to unmask]
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~nwinterb