From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 18:37:27 -0400
If I might say, this is an awful lot of dialog over the effects of two
ounces of coca-cola for a single religious ritual.  There are no "alien
proteins" in coke, all it is is carbonated water (which can be found in
nature, BTW), and a few teaspoons of sugar--basically almost pure fructose.
You may not feel too well after it but I doubt you'll get incredibly sick
or undo months of progress because of it.  If you want to blunt the effects
of it, have a large meal full of protein and fat before you ingest it, as
close to the event as you can (i.e. have a stomack full of food) and avoid
any fruits that day.