From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:53:50 -0700
Don Wiss wrote:
> Every single one of them said the fish were feed
> organic grain.

going to be a fact of 21st Century life :(

the warm currents from the unusual climatic conditions have driven schools
of ravenous mackerel up the coast from California to British Columbia
(I don't know if the El Nino will effect Alaskan waters and/or the
voracious
mackerel make it up into their waters, they have been spotted as far
north as the end of Vancouver Island and are still moving apparently?)

the mackerel have probably completely wiped out the smolts just heading to
open waters, millions upon millions of salmon no longer exist that would
have returned in 3 years to our streams and rivers to spawn

people will want, they will need fish to eat -- the wild ones are becoming
history -- the deep sea areas are being "raped" with huge long nets, it is
getting tougher and tougher for a limited supply to fill all our mouths

worse, the fish farms with the right temperature of water and salanity
allow heterosignma to flourish, a type of algae that is harmless to humans
but deadly to farmed salmon

many of our chicken eggs now come from "designer" grain feeding

in fact I can't think of anything left to eat on the earth that isn't
tinkered with in some way or another

Grant
Who is seriously thinking he needs a very large backyard to grow his own
food, but I wouldn't I have to erect a fence to keep "you" out and wouldn't
that same fence keep "nature" out?

STONE and SPEAR         [log in to unmask]
        Hunter & Gatherer PALEOFOOD Subscriber's Page
        http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/paleo.htm