From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:51:48 -0700
Wow, we're not used to earthquakes, our whole building shook for just a
moment, we didn't know what happened, but then we just got this from our
son who is working as a summer researcher in Geophysics for a Professor at
UBC.

Should a person expect more to come?

Grant

STONE and SPEAR         [log in to unmask]
Support Group Information http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/

From: Charlie Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, June 24, 1997 8:46 AM

So did you guys feel the earthquake?  I was in my office and it felt like
something was smashing against the side of the building for about 3
seconds.  I joined a cluster of people outside the seismographs in the
lobby to watch the needle start freaking out.  There apparently is a
seismograph about 9 km from squamish.  The needle for that one violently
waved back and fourth and some guy said it was about a 4.  Pretty awesome.

C.