From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 08:57:29 -0400
Who subsidizes the TV Food Network, just out of curiousity?

The taste of pemmican can vary wildly based on the cut of meat you use.
 I've had really tasty batches, and some poor tasting batches too.  The
best batches I've made were from London Broil.  I've made it from roasts a
few times lately and it's not so good at all.

Also, try adding something for flavor.  I add some half and half salt.  I
used to put garlic and pepper in it too, but it makes you tough to be
around<g>...

John Pavao

----------
I'm sitting here seething, watching the TV Food
Network. They're interviewing a doctor who is
saying that the main cause of heart disease in
this country is that we eat too much *protein*!
That's a new one on me. He advocates low fat
too, but insists that lowering or cutting out
protein consumption is more important.

ARGH!

The guy's name is Richard E. Collins, M.D., btw.

Vickie

ps, Is Pemmican *supposed* to taste like wood
shavings encased in Crisco? I just made my first,
and probably last, batch.

"Words are really beautiful, but they're limited.
  Words are very male, very structured.
   But the voice is the netherworld, the darkness,
   where there's nothing to hang on to.
      The voice comes from a part of you that
       just knows and expresses and is.
   I need to inhabit every bit of a lyric,
    or else I can't bring the song to you--
            or else it's just words."    Jeff Buckley