From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 22:31:46 -0400
To me the question of arachidonic acid seems to be one that we can each
answer individually for ourselves.  Since we do not have hard and objective
data, a little speculation and empirical experimentation will have to
suffice.

So, simply put: Given the speculation about what AA -might- do to me, what
should I expect to see happen to my health as a result of eating too much
of it?  If this does not happen, why should I continue to worry so long as
I continue to monitor my health for this possibility?

It seems to me as if there is a lot of generalizing about AA but not a lot
of strong facts or specific references being offered.  This is what I
object to when I mention "philosophizing;" while I hate to offend
philosophers, from my perspective if you can't put objective evidence to
what you're saying, you might as well be speculating as to the nature of
God.  Empirically, I have seen no evidence that high intake of AA is a
danger. Measurements of my health to date after heavy intake of it have not
shown that my health has deteriorated; indeed, it has improved.  So why
should I, or anyone else, take these warnings seriously?  Speculating
vaguely about toxins in cattle feed is no more useful to me than
speculating that the electricity in my house wires creates a radiation that
might kill me or that food cooked in a microwave might make me sterile;
it's an interesting idea but how serioously can I take it?

What -exactly- should I expect to happen to my health as a result of eating
plenty of arachidonic acid?

 -=-=-

Once in a while you get shown the light/
 In the strangest of places if you look at it right   ---Robert Hunter

http://www.syndicomm.com/esmay