From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 13:17:08 -0400
>> Ray pointed out in an early post the difference of men being more the
>> hunter (meat eating) and women being more the gatherer ( eating fruits,
>> veggies & nuts).

surprisingly, i found an interview in this week's _Entertainment Weekly_, in
which Sean Penn explains the male/female thing in relation to the
hunter/gatherer lifestyle:

(page 30)(Sean Penn has ordered a turkey sandwich from room service):
        "The turkey sandwich arrives on a cart and talk turns to the days
before room service.  Long before room service.  'We're basically primordial
beings', Penn says.  'There's this gap between that primordial man and the
future man.  You used to get up in the morning, and you'd pick up your
weaponry, and you'd walk.  Maybe you'd run a little bit.  You'd hunt, and
you'd kill.  You'd come back, and on your way back you'd eat some
vegetables.  And then' - he gathers a fingerful of turkey, sans bread-
'you'd f***.  And if she didn't want to f***, you'd make her; and if she
still didn't, you'd kill her.
        And then you'd eat what you brought back and share it with whoever
did f*** you, and then you'd sleep a little bit.  And get up. And then you'd
go do it again.  There's a lot of that stuff that's in our genetics.  But
none of it applies anymore'."

Sean Penn, think he's a NeanderGuy??

hmmm....

JoAnn.