From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:10:52 -0400
I wrote yesterday that type A appeared about 38,000 years ago,
and began to proliferate about 12,000 years ago.  This was a
mistake, based on misreading a chart.  Type A appeared about
20,000 BCE and began to disperse/proliferate about 10,000 BCE.
One result is that the Native American races, including the
Eskimos, are (or were) exclusively type O.

The more I study this blood type theory, the more I think that
D'Adamo has a real insight going, but it is probably somewhat
obscured by other conclusions that come from other theories.  For
example, he claims that type As have trouble with animal protein
due to low stomach acid levels.  But he doesn't ask whether the
low stomach acid levels might be caused by some other dietary
factor, perhaps a lectin response.  Maybe type As *wouldn't* have
low stomach acid levels if they weren't eating, say, dairy foods
(in fact, according to D'Adamo, type As can handle just a few
fermented dairy foods, such as feta cheese and yogurt, but that's
about it).  I know that my overall digestion has improved since
removing dairy foods from my diet.

So, my working hypothesis at the moment is that the type A
mutation probably did adapt human populations for a *somewhat*
more vegetable-based diet, but it by no means adapted them for a
vegetarian diet.

I shall keep reading.

Todd Moody