CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tresy Kilbourne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussions on the writings and lectures of Noam Chomsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 10:52:26 -0700
Tried to see what might be coming up on C-SPAN's execrable web site; no
search engine, slow server, information poorly organized and often out of
date. The Chomsky talk was listed, but unscheduled. I tried to call
C-SPAN directly (long distance) for more specific info and was promptly
put through to a recorded message telling me to call ANOTHER LD number to
hear the "schedule hotline". Sure enough calling that number gets one
ANOTHER recorded message, with all the balefule "options". In other
words, to get a simple answer (amybe) to a simple question might involve
15 minutes of voicemail hell, and you get to pay for the privilege.

I left voicemail telling C-SPAN what I think of this approach to viewer
relations, and encourage others to do so as well.

Incidentally there appear to be other shows (also unschduled) of interest
to Chomsky readers: one with Robert Kuttner (global capitalism) and
another with Donald Barlett, author of "America: Who Stole the Dream?" If
anyone learns anything about show times, please share the information. I
will do likewise.

Best,

Tresy