From:
"Robert K. Cassatt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 18:13:27 -0400

My husband, Bob, has recently learned that his dermatitis herpetiformis is
related to Celiac and must be treated with a gluten free diet.

Because he likes hard candy I called Werthers Original made in Germany for
Storck USA L.P., our of Chicago, Il  60611.  The gentleman I spoke to said
he couldn't say whether the suppliers were using gluten free products even
though the ingredients list seemed okay.

Has anyone had a response to this hard candy??  The problem with the DH is
that no immediate reaction is noticed so it is very difficult to determine
if the product is toxic.

Also, has anyone found out if Lifesavers Five Flavors rolls of candy are
GF??

Thank you very much for any information you can pass along.

Bob and Carol